Homecoming Festivities to Continue Despite Cancelled Game

Homecoming spirit week and crowning will still take place although the game has been cancelled again. The game was rescheduled for Saturday October 31 after Fairfield team had to quarantine. Kemp has now cancelled due to their team’s quarantine. The game has not been rescheduled as of now.

The student body has elected the homecoming court and awaits the crowning of the homecoming queen. Senior queen nominees include Abigail Coleman, Sheyla Hidalgo, Frankie Nelson, and Alyssa Williams-Whitaker.

“I was honestly kind of surprised,” senior Frankie Nelson said, “but I am very thankful for the opportunity to represent our school.”

Underclassmen duchesses include freshman Linsey Cockerell, sophomore Ellie Grissett and junior Audrey Archibald.

“I am honored to be voted junior homecoming duchess again this year,” Archibald said. “It means a lot coming from my fellow classmates.”

Students completed the final voting before the first scheduled homecoming game. Contenders are awaiting the announcement in front of the student body and community.

“I want to use this opportunity to spread self confidence and worth and inspire others to love and appreciate themselves more,” Cockerell said. 

As of now, unless another game is scheduled, all Homecoming festivities will be held on Friday, October 30 at 6:00 p.m. Dress up days will continue starting October 26 and will include Masquerade Monday, Tropical Tuesday, Western Wednesday, Dynamic Duo Thursday, and Eagle Spirit Friday.

“I’m excited and nervous to see who will win,” Hidalgo said, “but also excited to see everyone dressed up.”