Pumpkin Patch Season

Beta Club members set up pumpkin patch for elementary.

Beta Club Members help set up the decorations at the Pumpkin Patch. Pictured left to right: junior Erica McQuinn, seniors Kailee Marchand, Drew Williams, and David Thomas. Photo contributed by Beta Club.

Beta club students helped set up the pumpkin patch on Sunday at First United Methodist Church. Senior members can help until tomorrow if they have an off period. 

“Beta club students help others by setting up the pumpkin patch that will be enjoyed by all the elementary students,” teacher Nicole Crawford said. “Many Beta club kids remember visiting the pumpkin patch as elementary students.

The elementary students go during the week to hear stories, play pumpkin game, and take home a pumpkin.Ten beta club students helped organize this event.

“It is a really good and positive club to be in,” junior Dane Allman said. “I am very glad to be a part of the beta club and very glad to have helped out.”

The patch will be open for elementary students  from 9:00 a.m. to noon.

“It was my first time doing this,” senior Kailee Marchand said. “It was fun and I liked how we were able to design how to lay the pumpkins out.”

Beta club has helped out with the pumpkin patch numerous times over the last ten years. 

The Pumpkin Patch is a great way for high school students to be positive role models for our youth,” beta club sponsor Michelle Welch said. “Students always need to remember they never know who is looking up to them and be the best that they can be.”