Campus Welcomes New Staff Members

Abbie Cunningham

More stories from Abbie Cunningham

Letter from the Editor
February 6, 2020

The student body welcomed new teachers to the campus on August 15. The teachers teach in various subjects including agriculture, history, and chemistry; also, many of them teach more than one subject.

“The support from the admin and community is beyond amazing,” new agriculture science teacher Jenny Clopton said. “I love being here in Fairfield!”

Clopton teaches Floral Design, Horticulture, Advance Animal Science, and Wildlife. Although this is Clopton’s first year teaching, she eagerly awaits the years to come.

“My expectations for coming to Fairfield High School were high, for the fact that I heard nothing but good things about the students, admin, faculty, staff and community,” Clopton said. “So far my expectations have been far beyond reached. Everyone is so polite and always there, willing and wanting to help.”

Tammy Gawryszewski moved from the junior high campus to the high school campus as the new librarian and cheer sponsor. She also teaches a new Audio Video Production class for freshmen where students learn to become more coherent in the digital world.

“I have experience working in every level of the library from Pre-K to 12[th grade] and even the public library,” Gawryszewski said. “Each age of students has unique characteristics that make the job exciting.”

Barbie Aaron is this year’s new U.S. History and World Geography teacher. She expects her classes to be respectful.
“I have felt very welcome and at home in Fairfield ISD,” Aaron said. “ I am excited and blessed to be an Eagle!”
Rebecca Watson teaches Spanish I. She chose to teach at Fairfield because it is her hometown, and she hopes to do the best for her students.  

“I graduated from FHS 15 years ago and love everything about this school,” Watson said. “My expectation for the school year is to help me be the best teacher that I can be by challenging and supporting myself in goals for my students for this upcoming year as well as the years to come.”

James Nutt is the new World History and World Geography teacher. He hopes to provide every student with an equal opportunity to learn.

“I had very high expectations when I came to to this school,” Nutt said. “The third week of school is about over and I have been very pleased with my experience.”

Elizabeth Collier is the new AP Chemistry, IPC, and Chemistry teacher. She has several years of experience with chemistry and hopes to instill the same knowledge and excitement in her students.

“I have a strong passion for science; therefore, I want to help pass that passion on to as many students as I can,” Collier said. “As a teacher that has taught a number of years, I wanted to join a school that wants their students to be pushed to their highest potential.”