Maroon Maniacs Make Madness

Maroon Maniacs shirt design.

Erin Rachel, Copy Editor

Assistant varsity basketball coach Philip Page will sell shirts for $18 until Friday for a new basketball student section named Maroon Maniacs. 

We want to get a student section going because it can provide a home-court advantage for our teams, “ head varsity basketball coach Cannon  Earp said. “Most of the students already sit together but this would be a way of organizing them and getting them involved more.”

Football’s Terrible Towels inspired Earp to create a student section for basketball. Page named the section Maroon Maniacs. 

We want to bring that same energy and school spirit to the court for the girls’ and boys’ basketball games,” Page said, “as well as give students the opportunity to be involved and have school pride.”

The student section will sit on the home side in the section closest to the locker rooms. Currently, there are no students leading the section. 

“We would love to have students lead and that is our ultimate goal,” Page said. “We hope the shirts will get everything jump-started.” 

If any student is interested in a shirt or joining the student section they need to talk to Page by Friday. The current price of shirts is $18 but the price can change depending on how many are sold. 

“We will play better if there are students cheering us on,” senior Carl Daniels said. “We need the students to be live though. If you’re going to come, we need you to yell.”