FFA Students Travel to State Convention

Back row left to right: Rileigh White, Kendall Crawford, Madison Thayler, Kaitlin Newman, Kourtnee Kirgan, Hallie Davidson, Lex Thomson. Bottom row left to right: Savanna Ellis, Carsyn Cox, Emily Chavers, Frankie Nelson, Katy Grounds, Reagan Emmons, Caden Fryer. Photo by Jenny Clopton.

Braden Bossier, Staff Reporter

Eager to meet new people, help others, and learn the skills of leadership, FFA students from all over Texas filled the Fort Worth Convention Center for the State Convention on July 9-14.

“The best part was the Texas FFA officers giving their retiring speeches,” junior Hallie Davidson said. “It showed how much the FFA organization impacted their lives.”

More than 3,000 students attended the various events and speeches at the convention. At the end of the event, the students elected new officers for the 2018-19 year.

“I believe the convention is important,” sophomore Emily Chavers said. “It allows us to come together as one Texas FFA organization, decide on this year’s officers and honor those who have made an impact on our organization in the past years.”

The speakers emphasized the main goal of FFA and shared their wisdom from the experience.

“I learned, from the speakers, to be your own person and to be a leader to those around you,” Davidson said.“I hope to make our’s the best FFA chapter we can be and to practice leadership with the other officers to make our group improve.”