Softball At Home Tomorrow Night

Varsity Softball. by Adrianna Mendez

Kynzee Payne and Skylar Bonner

The varsity softball team will play at home against Groesbeck on Friday, April 21.

I have put many people in different positions to find what is best for us,” softball coach Josh Stephenson said. “We have found that combo that has been working for us and will continue to build upon that success that we have had so far.  We have gotten better and better as the year goes on.

The team is currently 3rd place for the playoffs. 

We are getting close to the end of the season with only 3 games left to play before playoffs,” Stephenson said,  We are sitting in 3rd place right now.

The varsity softball team won 13-11 at a home game against Elkhart.

“Our team has come a long way this season,” sophomore front row player Madelyn Morrison said, “We had our ups and downs in the beginning of the season but we’ve learned and grown together as a team. We’re tied right now for 3rd in the district, and I have full faith that we can make it to playoffs.”

The team includes players freshman Kaylee Williams, sophomore Carolyn Dunlap,  freshman Alyssa Allen, junior Maddox Mitchael, freshman Haylee Shivers, junior Zadie McPherson, junior Kennedy Lane, junior Averi Minze, sophomore Madelyn Morrison, sophomore Gracie Robinson, junior Landry Bayless, freshman Delaney McGowan, and sophomore Addison Posey.

“I think the girls have done a great job of playing through adversity, and they are really playing well going into the end of the season,” softball coach Sally Whitaker said. “They are a fun team to watch, and I am looking forward to seeing them compete in the playoffs.”