Props to Pink Out

Students Raise Funds for Freestone County Cancer Support Group

Students%2C+cheerleaders+and+teachers+wear+the+Pink+Out+shirt+at+the+pep+rally.+Shirt+sales+raised+almost+%242%2C000+for+FCCSG.+

Payton Botelho

Students, cheerleaders and teachers wear the Pink Out shirt at the pep rally. Shirt sales raised almost $2,000 for FCCSG.

Adrianna Mendez, Reporter

Beta club has a tradition of selling pink out shirts as a fundraiser for Freestone County Cancer Support Group.

This year the club sold over 195 shirts and raised approximately $2,000.

“I love being a part of this and raising money for such a good cause,” Beta club sponsor Gay Lynn Swan said. “I’m so happy that Beta club takes this on every year.” 

Since beginning this tradition, the Beta club has raised over $30,000 with the sale of Pink Out shirts annually. 

“I’m so thankful that FHS has continued pink out to support all those going through any kind of cancer treatment, not just breast cancer, in our community,” Mrs Welch said. “Pink out is one of the largest fundraisers for FCCSG each year”

Beta club officers that follow are president Caleb George, vice president Samuel Masters, secretary Payton Botelho, and treasurer Britney Delgado. The Beta Club director is Gay Swan.

“We do this project every year to improve our community.” Beta Club treasurer Britney Delgado said. “We want to promote unity for everyone that is unaware of important life dilemmas among those closest to them.”

In 2021 an estimated 1.9 million people were diagnosed with new cancer cases and 608, 570 cancer deaths in the United States.

The Eagles played Groesbeck for the Pink out game and won 28-7.