Lady Eagle Players Honored with District, Area and State Awards

Jordan Maciel, Co-Editor in Chief

Under coaches Josh Stephenson, Dennis Johnson, Jermaca Brown and Sally Whitaker, the Lady Eagles softball team will end their season as Area Qualifiers and receive over 20 All-District awards for their efforts. 

The following players received 1st team All-District awards: freshman Addie Cox, infield; freshman Madox Mitchael, infield; sophomore McKinna Brackens, outfield and senior Camii Wilson – infield. Freshman Kennedy Lane, infield and  freshman Cooper Lawley, outfield received 2nd team All-District awards.

“I am very thankful that I had the opportunity to play this season,” Lane said. “I worked very hard for my spot in the team and am grateful that I had my coaches to help me improve. I’m proud to be named 2nd team all district.”

Junior Kyndal Pfleeger received District Honorable Mention for infield, and senior Alyssa Whitaker received District Honorable Mention for outfield.

“It was a great season, and I had lots of fun” Whitaker said “I have loved playing softball for Fairfield High School, and this was a great senior season.”

The following softball players were awarded Academic All District Awards for District 20-3A. freshman Riley Ralstin, junior Chelsie Faughn, junior Jaysa Smith, senior Alyssa Whitaker, freshman Kennedy Lane, freshman Cooper Lawley, freshman Addie Cox, freshman Madox Mitchael, sophomore McKinna Brackens, senior Camii Wilson and senior Carsyn Cox. 

“I am very thankful that I was able to keep my grades up all while juggling softball,” Smith said. “It’s hard but all the girls put in a lot of effort on and off the field and especially during school to be able to have this season.”

Cox received Academic All District, 1st Team Academic All-State and was also named the District MVP.

“I am very honored to be named MVP,” Cox said. “This year we worked very hard and went through a lot together. We accomplished a big goal by being area qualifiers. I am going to miss everyone and I can’t wait to see what everyone does!”