Night of Festivities

Seniors Lyndi Wilson, Brenda O’Campo, and Jose Fierro decorate coach Taner Tunstall’s door. Photo by Margie Savage,

Margie Savage, Photo Editor

The annual Holiday in the Halls Christmas celebration will happen tonight from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. directly followed by the band concert starting. Christmas dress up days sponsored by student council also started this week.

“Holiday in the Halls just brings a sense of cheer in the hallways,” coach Philip Page said. “It makes the last few days in school fun for the students, faculty, and staff. It is always great to have a fun environment.”

The theme for Holiday in the Halls this year is “Twas the Night Before Christmas” by Clement Moore. Teachers were challenged to choose a scene or phrase from the poem to  use as inspiration for their door decorations. 

“I think it is a great idea for a theme.” teacher Misty Rhoden said. “You can do a lot with this theme and be creative.”

The teachers usually let their students help decorate their doors. Decorating keeps students involved in the Holiday in the Halls tradition. 

“Definitely going to have my students help me decorate my door,” Page said. “Teamwork makes the dream work!”

The band’s Christmas concert is also on the same night. Parents will be invited to come walk the halls and see their children’s teachers then listen to the band concert in the auditorium. 

“I am always excited for holiday in the halls! I love Christmas!” Rhoden said. “I am very excited about this year’s band concert. My stepson, Jake, is in 6th grade and this is his first year to participate in the concert. He plays the drums.”

The week of Holiday in the Halls there are dress up days sponsored by student council. Each day there will be a new dress up theme to help encourage kids to be in the Christmas spirit. 

“This is a time for students to show school spirit.” Student Council Vice President Emi Bonner said. “We are really hoping to make school more fun, and get everyone into the Christmas spirit.”