Saw You There, See You Later

Erin Rachel, Copy Editor

See You at the Pole started at 7:00 a.m. on the 25 and Saw You at the Pole will be held in the high school auditorium tonight. 

“It is encouraging to see so many students being spiritually active in the school,” FCA sponsor Jeff Wright said. “ I hope to see many students worshiping tonight.”

Sonic will be served at 6:00, and the rally starts at 6:30p.m.. 

“I’m excited to see the turn out this year,” senior Drew Williams said. “More people showed up this morning than I expected so there is no telling how many people will be there tonight.”

Pastor of First Baptist Church Jeffrey Stachmus will preach the sermon and Dakota West will help lead worship. 

“I know God will be glorified tonight,” senior David Thomas said. “He showed up in big ways this morning.”

See You at the Pole met around flagpoles at campuses across the globe to pray for their country, schools, and peers.

“I’ve always enjoyed See You at the Pole,” junior Savannah Ellis said. “Anyone and everyone can pray for whatever they wish. It’s really inclusive.”

Global Week of Student Prayer began Monday, September 23. This week of student led worship contains the annual See You/ Saw You at the Pole event. 

“I attended my first See You at the Pole this morning,” senior Abbie Cunningham said. “I wish I would’ve gone to more throughout high school.”