One Act Play Begins Practices

Nereyda Espinoza, Staff Reporter

One Act Play has had their auditions and will start practicing immediately. They will perform A Midsummer Night’s Dream on March 8 at Palestine High School.

I feel really good about the play,” director Jeff Wright said. “I have never been involved with a Shakespeare play, so this will be new but exciting for me.”

The cast and crew have 27 practices before performing this comedy by Shakespeare.

“As a manager, I like the responsibility that it comes with,” senior Mayra Soto said.“ I also enjoy watching the actors auditions for the parts and having a say on who gets what.”

Auditions were held on November 27 and there are 14 cast and crew. Senior Anna Kaye Williams will be composing the musical score again this year.

I am so excited to see what she has created,” director Susan Walsh said. “Music adds so much to the production and conveys the mood when there is no dialogue.”

Walsh is currently working on gathering materials for each character’s costume, paying attention to details like character comfort and construction for flexibility, while also creating the overall look for the show.

“You not only are looking for color in designing the set and costumes,” Walsh said. “But also supporting that with the lighting and choosing a musical score to compliment the production as a whole.”

Cast and crew will present the play at workshop before a judge in February and perform for the school on March 1.

Theater is a lot of work,” Walsh said. “Most people don’t realize what goes into a production. It takes everyone involved to make the show successful.”