Sandyland District Results

Freshman advances to Area

Photo by: Mayra Soto

Freshman Ally Robinson placed 3rd in Area.

Morgan, Entertainment Editor

FFA students competed in the Sandyland District LDE on November 9. The students competed along with 20 other schools in the following categories: Farm Radio, Senior Farm Skills, Junior Quiz, Ag. Advocacy, Sr. Creed, Job Interview, Junior Chapter Conducting, Junior Farm Skills, and Public Relations.

“We all practiced a whole lot,” senior Annie Wilson said. “All you can really do is practice and in the end it doesn’t matter what place you got because you did your best.”

In Farm Radio, students MaKayla Van, Calla Childers, and Kendal Crawford placed 9th as a team. In Senior Farm Skills, students Klay Bonner, Payton Hughes, and Trent Ferguson placed 3rd as a team. In Junior Quiz, students Chelsie Faughn, Breyunna Dowell, Savannah Ellis, and Madi Isaacs placed 3rd as a team. In Ag. Advocacy, students Madison Thaler, Belle Johnson, Savannah Ellis, and Madi Isaacs placed 3rd as a team.

“This was my first year competing,” sophomore Savannah Ellis said. “I feel like we all worked very well together as a team.”

Individual students competed in the Sandyland District LDE as well. Sarah McHenry placed 9th in Senior Creed, Raegan Emmons placed 5th in Job Interview, and Ally Robinson placed 1st in Senior Quiz.

“That was my first time competing in Job Interview,” junior Raegan Emmons said. “I was nervous at first but it was a really good experience for any future job interviews.”

Other team placings included: students Ally Robinson, Josie Henson, Josie Draper, Rachel Lewis, Matti Hagen, Mason Wright, and Kade Miller placing 4th in Junior Chapter Conducting, students Catalina Hickman, Kelton Charlson, and Riley Armstrong placing 6th in Junior Farm Skills and students Emily Chavers, Frankie Nelson, Carsyn Cox, and Rileigh White placing 3rd in Public Relations. These teams combined won 3rd place in the District Sweepstakes.

FFA also had five students advance to the Area 8 Contest that was held at Robinson High School on November 17. Students Lex Thompson, Annie Wilson, Lyndi Wilson, and Zack Leadbetter competed as a team in Senior Quiz, placing 1st in the Sandyland District LDE. The team placed 10th at Area. Ally Robinson’s’ first place title in the Sandyland District LDE also granted her a trip to the Area 8 contest where she placed 3rd.

“ I was very honored to win 1st at the Sandyland District meet and go on to compete in Area for Fairfield,” freshman Ally Robinson said. “Placing 3rd at Area was amazing and next year my goal is to go to State.”