Golf Advances to Regions

FHS girls golf Emi Bonner, Britain Bossier, Bailey Warren, Emily Chavers, Kendal Crawford, Frankie Nelson, Kailyn Partain, Ashlyn Partain, Mayra Soto, Rileigh White.

Kolton Mabry, Staff Reporter

The girls golf team will advance to Regionals in Huntsville on April 25 and 26. Girls had 2 teams finishing 2nd and 3rd behind Athens at the District meet on April 2 in Athens and April 9 at the Tri-County Country Club.

Freshman Emily Chavers was 5th overall and senior Bailey Warren was 6th. They will be joined at regionals with senior Britain Bossier, freshman Rileigh White, junior Kailyn Partain and freshman Kendal Crawford.

“I had so much fun with my team this year,” Bossier said. “It was encouraging to see our team grow this year, and I am excited to see where this team will go in the next few years.

Sophomore Payton Hughes will advance to regional in Huntsville on April 23 and 24. His 3rd individual overall placing secured 4th in district for the boys’ team behind Madisonville 1st, Athens 2nd and Palestine 3rd.

“I feel good about it. My game is getting where it needs to be and I have a lot of confidence going into regionals for the second year in a row,” Hughes said. “I think I can perform a lot better this year. I have played the course a lot more and know more about it.”

Golf is coached by coach Joey Worley.